Candle Safety


If the wick is too long, trim it to between 5 and 10 mm.

For the first burn of any candle make sure you have plenty of time to set the burn memory to avoid ‘tunnelling’ and a waste of wax. Don’t extinguish it until the wax pool around the wick has reached the outside edge of the candle. Once it has reached that point, you can extinguish your candle as the burn memory has been set. Your candle should now burn in a slow, even path. If you blow out your candle too soon on the initial burn, your candle will tunnel and never burn properly, leaving an excess of wax around the edge.

Burn for no more than 4 hours at a time.

If a mushroom develops on the wick of your candle, extinguish it and let the candle cool completely. Then remove the mushroom by trimming the wick just below where the mushroom has formed. If the mushroom isn’t removed the candle flame will be quiet large and have a tendency to smoke.

Candles must be placed a minimum of 50 mm apart.

Lit candles should never be left unattended.

Never burn a candle near anything flamable. Burning candles should be kept away from furniture, curtains, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations etc. and never place them too close to a wall.

Place candles on a stable heat resistant surface.

Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.

Never move a burning candle as it/its container can become extremely hot when in use. Please allow the candle to cool and solidify before moving.

Please burn your candle in draught free conditions to stop the candle from dripping or smoking.

Discontinue to use the candle when 5 mm of wax remains.